3% Conference - What makes a great Creative Director? from Pitch on Vimeo.
These are the comments that stood out to me:
- The best ones teach you to survive without them.
- A nurturer.
- Very decisive.
- Have a point of view.
- Hire people who are better than you.
- Do no harm.
- The allow the work and the teams behind them to grow.
- Part of your making is helping other people make.
- It has to be purely about the work.
The best creative directors I've worked for hit all of these points. How well does your current creative director stack up?