Portfolio Night 6


What:
A chance for you to spend the evening showing your work to and getting feedback from some of the top names in the business.

When:
Thursday, May 8

Where:
21 different cities including Chicago, San Francisco, and New York. (Santiago, Auckland, and Istanbul are also available if you're roadtripping.)

Why:
When I was in portfolio school, the One Show Student Festival (which Portfolio Night has effectively replaced) was an annual highlight. I'd take the midnight bus from Richmond to New York, wake up seven hours later in Manhattan and spend the afternoon showing my book to people like Mike Shine, Bob Barrie, Sally Hogshead and Jamie Barrett. Not bad people to get opinions from.

Bonus why (for denizens of the greater Chicagoland area):
This year, I'll be reviewing books in Chicago. Come to my table and mention this blog and receive a free something. (Haven't figured out what it is yet. I'm thinking mini Hershey bars or maybe some old radio scripts.)

Click here to locate a city and to buy tickets.