But I don't think it's too early to decide for whom you'll be working. Will you work for...
- Your clients? Helping them build their brands.
- The agency? Helping it become a powerhouse (or maintain its status as one).
- Your creative director? Doing what he or she asks, and trusting them implicitly because you respect them.
- The money? Because you're finally making a decent paycheck.
- The glory? You're a legitimate creative now! You won't be entering your work into any student competitions.
I've worked for a number of different agencies. But my boss has always been the same. Tell me who you think you should be working for, and I'll tell you who/what I work for. (No right or wrong answers. Except #4. That's not the right answer.)