Portfolio Night 7

ihaveanidea.org is hosting Portfolio Night 7.

June 11, 2009.




I can't stress enough how important it is that portfolio school students attend this.

Why?

  1. You get a huge amount of feedback in a small amount of time.
  2. The feedback you receive is from some of the top talent in the industry, no matter the city you're participating in.
  3. It's face time with the people you want to work for. 
  4. It's an opportunity to make an impression. Mike Shine was the very first person to review my student book at PN's predecessor the One Club Student Exhibition. Six years later, when I interviewed with him, I still had one student campaign in my book. He said, "Oh, yeah! I remember these!" (Probably helped that I sent a thank you card with the campaign in them.)
  5. It's a really fun night. I can't speak for the other cities, but last year DDB Chicago had hors d'oeuvres and Guitar Hero while you were waiting for a review. So much better than sitting on your couch watching Friends reruns.
Go online. Book your tickets now.